One of the main challenges for any mover is how to move electronics safely. What makes it so tricky is not only their weight but their fragility as well. Frankly, even the best movers Fort Lauderdale can often have their concerns. Extra caution while packing these items is crucial. However, even after you place them in a box, the danger is still there because one doesn’t have to simply drop the item to damage it. Unpredictable weather and mechanical failures are only some of the hazards lurking around this project.
Your best bet is to enlist professionals
If you want to ensure nothing happens to your valuables, we recommend hiring experts to handle them. Just to be on the safe side – always go local. For instance, if you’re a Pembroke Pines resident, pick one of the moving companies Pembroke Pines and book their moving and packing experts to safely move your electronics.
How to move electronics safely by yourself
Back up the important personal data
Before you start packing your computer equipment safely for a move, remember to back up all of your important files. Although your devices are pretty expensive, they are replaceable. However, the data you have on them may not be, unless you have remembered to make copies. This is especially important if you’re moving your office computers.
Mind the preparation
If you decide you don’t need to hire packing services Florida, although we would strongly suggest otherwise, you need to be careful every step of the way, especially when loading the moving truck. But that comes after. Right now, to transfer all of your electronic devices from point A to point B safely, eliminating all possible risks is first and foremost. This is why you shouldn’t forget some preparatory steps:
- Remove ink or toner cartridges, CDs, Blu-ray discs, DVDs, as well as batteries from your devices and their accessories before you start boxing them up.
- Take pictures of any cord setups before you unhook them and after you turn off and unplug the device. This way, you’ll have no problem hooking everything back again.
- Dismantle the devices that can be dismantled with the help of the owner’s manual.
- Detach all peripheral elements, such as a keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.
- Clean the inside of your computer by either vacuuming or wiping off the dust.
Pack your electronics safely
Handling electronics on your own is a risky decision so keep reading for some do’s when packing your electronics safely for your relocation.
- It would be the safest to move your electronic devices inside of their original packages, as they’re custom made to provide adequate protection. If this is not an option, any thick-walled boxes made out of cardboard will be fine. Unfortunately, many people decide to throw away product boxes.
- Wrap all of your electronics individually and place them in separate boxes so there are no touchpoints that could cause damage.
- Obtain some padding supplies and lay them at the top and the bottom of the moving box to hold the devices in place. You can use old sheets, towels, anti-static bubble wrap, or even packing peanuts. Also, in order to safely move your electronics, make sure there are no gaps.
- Preserve all fans and vents from dust by wrapping them in paper and taping everything over with some packing tape.
- Place all accessories and peripheral parts in plastic sealable bags, and with the device that they go with.
- Label the boxes ‘fragile’ and ‘this side up’.