Saying that moving is challenging is an understatement. Especially if you’re a first-timer. Staying on top of all of your chores when green behind the ears in the relocation department is hard. And, even with the best movers Florida can offer you, you’re still in for a lot of work. In an effort to sum up everything you need to do before the moving day, we have devised a thorough week-by-week moving plan to help you get by.
Week-by-week moving plan for beginners
8 weeks out
- Create a moving budget. Start your week-by-week relocation list by devising a decent budget that includes all of your moving expenses. These will involve the cost of hiring movers, moving insurance, buying packing supplies, etc.
- Declutter. Take this opportunity to purge your home from all of the excess things you don’t wish to bring along to your new home. It’s a way to downsize and reduce the overall cost of your move.
- Make an inventory. What’s left of your stuff should end up on your inventory list of items you are taking with you. Firstly, this helps you estimate how much packing supplies you might need. Secondly, getting an accurate moving quote from your movers will be possible.
- Start looking for movers. You’ll need to request an estimate from at least three moving companies. For instance, if you’re relocating from Plantation, Fl, get quotes from several movers Plantation Florida before you finally decide on the best fit.
6 weeks out
- Order the packing supplies. You will need sturdy moving boxes, padding material, bubble wrap, packing tape, markers, etc.
- Acquire important records. You will need to notify relevant parties, such as your doctor or your children’s school, about your relocation, and obtain documents for transfer.
- Book moving services. Once you’ve reviewed several moving companies and quotes, it’s time to secure the services of the local, long-distance, or interstate movers Florida of your choice.
4 weeks out
- Send notices. One month out on your week-by-week moving plan, and it is time to notify all of your current utility providers about your move and schedule a transfer. It’s also the perfect time to tell your friends and family, your bank, attorney, and others.
- Begin packing. Think about where you could start and begin packing. For instance, a good starting point would be to pack the non-essentials such as the basement, garage, spare rooms, etc.
- Make reservations for shipping your vehicle. If you plan on reaching your destination by plane, reserve services to ship your car.
2 weeks out
- Continue packing. If you’ve decided not to go with professional packing services, 14 days out on your weekly relocation plan is the ideal time to start with proper packing.
- Begin using your food supplies. All of your food needs to be gone until the moving day, especially if you plan on defrosting and taking your fridge with you.
The final days of your week-by-week plan
The final countdown of our week-to-week moving checklist brings several other chores with it. For instance, you’ll need to schedule the change of your address, confirm dates and arrangements, start deep cleaning, etc. Secondly, you should start planning the safest and fastest route to your destination if traveling by car. Lastly, the night before the big day, pack an essentials box with all of the items you’ll need for the first couple of days in your new home.
We hope our week-by-week moving plan will help! Good luck with your move!